Wednesday 2 December 2020

I make - Mincemeat Cup Cakes

After three rounds of mince pies, I still have mincemeat left. The freezer is well stocked with mince pies now so I will use them up in cup cakes. The cake body came from Ruby Tandoh's yogurt cake recipe. I tried this recipe back in my wheat days and had a good impression. This time it proves again to be a good cake base.

Mincemeat Cup Cakes

Zest from 1 orange
150 g sugar
70 g butter spread
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (50 g) ground almond
1 rounded cup (160 g) gluten free flour (your favorite blend)*
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp mixed spice
1/2 cup (120 g) plain yogurt
1/2 cup mincemeat (non-drippy type)

Preheat oven at 200C.

Rub orange zest with sugars with a rubber spatula or fingers. This helps release of the aroma. Beat the butter, vanilla extract and salt with the orange zesty sugar until light and fluffy.

Beat in one egg well incorporated before adding the other and repeat mixing. Add in ground almond, flour, baking powder and mixed spice. Top the batter with plain yogurt and turn the mixture a few times with a rubber spatula. Finally add in the mincemeat. My mincemeat is the non-drippy type (my preference) so make sure you use a spatula to break up and incorporate it into the batter.

Pour the batter into cup cake molds, lined with paper cases. I got 11 cup cakes out of it but I figure you could do 12 if you only fill each case half full. Bake at 200C for 15-18 minutes. Turn the baking tray half way through.

Check each cup cake with a toothpick when the top starts to brown from the edge (between 15-18 minutes). They may not all cook at the same time. I remove the ones which are done and continue with 5 more minutes for the undone ones.

*My blend is: 25% White Rice + 25% Millet + 30% Buckwheat + 20% Tapioca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment