Wednesday 7 October 2020

I make - Chocolate Fudge

I got a bag of 300 g unsweetened chocolate, the purest form of chocolate. I thought I could just snack on them like that but oh boy pure chocolate liquor is not something easily loved. It's slightly sour and just bitter. I couldn't even finish one pound (£) size  coin button. I googled some recipes to use this up. There is a chocolate truffle recipe which looks interesting but I found another recipe which could use up perhaps one of the oldest food items in the household, a can of condensed milk. This Hot Fudge recipe is easy and only needs four ingredients, if you count the water. As we are getting into hot chocolate season, I can see this jar of fudge sauce very useful in the morning.


Hot Fudge Sauce

1 can of condensed milk (397 g)
1/4 cup water
a rounded 1/2 tsp of Maldon salt
180 g unsweetened chocolate buttons

Combine the sweetened condensed milk, ¼ cup water, and salt in a small saucepan, and set over low heat. Stir until condensed milk melted into water. Add the chocolate and stir to incorporate. Continue to cook, stirring slowly but constantly, just until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is shiny and smooth. At this point, you might want to add more water to loosen things up—add in 1-tablespoon increments until the consistency is sundae-worthy to you.

Serve warm with ice cream (especially vanilla or coffee), frozen yogurt, Greek yogurt, pudding, you name it. Store any leftovers in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment