Saturday 30 May 2020

2020 weekly - week 22 (10th week of confinement)

24/05/2020, Sunday

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 24cm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning routine:

0. Rucksack on with 4 kgs (2 big bottles of laundry liquid)
1. Warm up
    a. Alternating toe and heel walk: 5 minutes
    b. Calf raise on the stairs: 5 minutes
2. Alfredson Protocol: (15 reps on the right leg; 15 reps on the left leg)x3
3. Single leg calf raise: (1 minute on the right leg; 1 minute on the left leg)x3
4. Get up and sit down in a chair: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
5. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
    5b.Backward lunges: (10 reps with left leg back; 10 reps with right leg back)x3
6. Arabesque: 8x3 (standing on the left leg), 8x3 (standing on the right leg)
7. Sumo squats: 10x2


Afternoon routine:

0. Warm-up: Body-weight squat+heel-raise: 20x4
1. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x4
2. Walking lunges: 4 minutes
3. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
4. Knee-high jumps: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
5. Jumping squats: 10x3
6. Jacks: (Star 10 reps; Scissor 10 reps)x4
7. Standing Abs: cross-elbow, chopping, side leg-raise, front leg-raise
8. Side lunges with arms pushing out
9. Butt kicks: 10x3
10. Push-ups: 10x3

Also, I run three times a week during the afternoon routine, 1200 meters or more in several chunks depending on how I feel on the day. When I run, I just do half of the afternoon routine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25/05/2020, Monday

Hello, Bank holiday. Looks like another week of sunshine awaits. I planted one white geranium today, after looking at them in the supermarket for 2 weeks. To my surprise, plants from the three pots on the terrace all came back this year. One begonia, one dahlia and one mysterious plant which I still can't figure out. My orchid also blooms non-stop since January. Nature is full of surprises.

The locking feeling is pretty much gone from my ankle. Now my ankle/foot does not need a "transition" moment when I need to change movement. And I can "almost" manage walking down stairs like before. It's almost 6 months after the surgery back in end of November. Even though I was not prepared for miracle, I am still surprised by the amount of time (and efforts) it takes to be back.

26/05/2020, Tuesday

Time to get back to the physio routine. Was.Hard. That being said, I am quite proud of myself never having a week off since starting the physio in January. I hope to continue like that as long as I can.

Tuna salad today for post workout lunch. I stirred in a little bit of onion chutney just before eating. It brightens up the flavor so much that I have to write it down and do it again!

28/05/2020, Thursday

Running: 4000 meters (new record!)

29/05/2020, Friday

Running: 3200 meters (I blamed the heat)

No comments:

Post a Comment