Saturday 23 May 2020

2020 weekly - week 21 (9th week of confinement)

17/05/2020, Sunday

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 24cm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning routine:

0. Rucksack on with 4 kgs (2 big bottles of laundry liquid)
1. Warm up
    a. Alternating toe and heel walk: 5 minutes
    b. Calf raise on the stairs: 5 minutes
2. Alfredson Protocol: (15 reps on the right leg; 15 reps on the left leg)x3
3. Single leg calf raise: (1 minute on the right leg; 1 minute on the left leg)x3
4. Get up and sit down in a chair: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
5. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
    5b.Backward lunges: (10 reps with left leg back; 10 reps with right leg back)x3
6. Arabesque: 8x3 (standing on the left leg), 8x3 (standing on the right leg)
7. Sumo squats: 10x2


Afternoon routine:

0. Warm-up: Body-weight squat+heel-raise: 20x4
1. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x4
2. Walking lunges: 4 minutes
3. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
4. Knee-high jumps: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
5. Jumping squats: 10x3
6. Jacks: (Star 10 reps; Scissor 10 reps)x4
7. Standing Abs: cross-elbow, chopping, side leg-raise, front leg-raise
8. Side lunges with arms pushing out
9. Butt kicks: 10x3
10. Push-ups: 10x3

Also, I run three times a week during the afternoon routine, 1200 meters or more in several chunks depending on how I feel on the day. When I run, I just do half of the afternoon routine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a sort of cooking fatigue. Two cooked meals a day for two, plus clean-up afterwards, it's getting tiring after 8 weeks. As UK government continues to act like cowboys and prioritise economy over everything else, I am not very hopeful that the pandemic would be under control that soon.

18/05/2020, Monday

Soup for the week: Cauliflower and yellow split pea soup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running: 3600 meters

19/05/2020, Tuesday

Ironically we have one of the most marvelous springs this year, endless sunshine and body kissing warmth. I felt so special and privileged this morning when I had time to water my plants (begonia and dahlia came out surprisingly) and to read by a sunny window in the afternoon.

Can I say that I don't want the lockdown to end?

20/05/2020, Wednesday

Properly tired of cooking, yes. BBC has this good idea of creating fast food at home. It turned out that the nation is a lover of Egg McMuffin. Yes, I am also a lover of McMuffin, with all its variations. The eternal egg, cheese and ham combo, what's not to like? I made mine with smoked cheese. What a satisfying meal!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must be mad to make jam in the hottest day so far this year. We reached 26 degrees here today! Good that my apricot jam turned out golden and sticky. Can't wait to try this weekend!

21/05/2020, Thursday

Embarrassed to say that I skipped the afternoon exercise yesterday because it's so hot. The warmth stays on but I feel good this morning so I decided to give it a go. After two laps round the park, I started to wonder why I was the only one running!

Running: 3200 meters
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made burgers today. I really like how the patty turned out this time so I decided to write down what I used: 500 g 5% beef mince, 3 tbsp grated Grana Padano, 3 tbsp porridge oats, 2 tbsp ground linseeds, 2 green onions, handful of fresh coriander, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, garlic powder, ground black pepper (needs 1 tsp salt next time). Because I was worried that the patty will be dry and hard, I added some milk (< 2 tbsp) and a small squirt of olive oil (< 1 tbsp) in. Perhaps the worry was unwarranted because the patty turned out flavorful, tender and moist. Not sure whether it's the oats or the linseeds which made it tender. Perhaps it's both. It's good to know that I don't need breadcrumbs to make burgers anymore.

22/05/2020, Friday

Already? End of the working week? We seem to get a small break from the relentless sunshine (can't believe such description is possible in the UK). Good day for the exercise in the park.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made pickled cucumber today, Swedish style with 3 tbsp vinegar + 2 tbsp sugar + wholegrain mustard + dills. They are chilling right now and should be ready for the next few days when sunshine picks up its pace.

Running: 3600 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment