Saturday 2 May 2020

2020 weekly - week 18 (6th week of confinement)

26/04/2020, Sunday

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 24cm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning routine:

0. Rucksack on with 4 kgs (2 big bottles of laundry liquid)
1. Warm up
    a. Alternating toe and heel walk: 5 minutes
    b. Calf raise on the stairs: 5 minutes
2. Alfredson Protocol: (15 reps on the right leg; 15 reps on the left leg)x3
3. Single leg calf raise: (1 minute on the right leg; 1 minute on the left leg)x3
4. Get up and sit down in a chair: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
5. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
    5b.Backward lunges: (10 reps with left leg back; 10 reps with right leg back)x3
6. Arabesque: 8x3 (standing on the left leg), 8x3 (standing on the right leg)
7. Sumo squats: 10x2


Afternoon routine:

0. Warm-up: Body-weight squat+heel-raise: 20x4
1. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x4
2. Walking lunges: 4 minutes
3. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
4. Knee-high jumps: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
5. Jumping squats: 10x3
6. Jacks: (Star 10 reps; Scissor 10 reps)x4
7. Standing Abs: cross-elbow, chopping, side leg-raise, front leg-raise
8. Side lunges with arms pushing out
9. Butt kicks: 10x3
10. Push-ups: 10x3

I also try to run three times a week during the afternoon routine, 1200-2000 meters in several chunks depending on how I feel on the day. When I run, I just do half of the afternoon routine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been taking iron supplements for a month and it turned out that I've been taken it wrong! It should be on empty stomach and I've been taking it during meals. This iron supplement is really finicky, has to be on empty stomach and not with dairy/eggs/soy/wholegrain. Not gonna lie, I do feel some frustration with my body at some moments, such as this one.

27/04/2020, Monday

Running: 2000 meters
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soup of the week: celery and blue cheese soup (this one is always a winner)
Dish of the week: teriyaki salmon and steamed rice

29/04/2020, Wednesday

Running: 2400 meters

The weather was not good today with wet ground and grass. So I mostly did running with a very shortened exercise set.

30/04/2020, Thursday

Not sure whether it's the weather (been raining and cold this week) or what, I totally lost the motivation to work. Even for my physio I had to muster some will today. But I did everything again, with gentle push from me and the hubby.

01/05/2020, Friday

Got a call from GP informing me about the blood test results. The numbers are going at the right directions, a big relief, despite having taken the tablets sub-optimally. It looks like I need to continue with the tablets for next three months and another blood test to confirm.

Can't ask for a better birthday gift today.

No comments:

Post a Comment