Saturday 28 November 2020

2020 weekly - week 48 (36th week of confinement)

22/11/2020, Sunday

My physio routine for the coming week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd never heard of Stir-up Sunday until this year. It shows that there are still so much to be learned about local traditions!

Instead of making a Christmas pudding, I made some mincemeat for mince pies later. I couldn't find fresh cranberries this year for my favorite fresh fruit mincemeat by Nigella. So I took this opportunity to try Mary Berry's version with butter in it. I am curious about the added butter. So watch this place.

Special Mincemeat by Mary Berry

INGREDIENTS Makes 4 x 370g jars

175g currants
175g raisins
175g sultanas
175g dried cranberries
100g mixed peel
1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
125g butter, cut into cubes
50g whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
225g light muscovado sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
200ml brandy, rum or sherry (I used half amaretto and half rum)

Measure all of the ingredients except the alcohol into a large pan. Heat gently, allowing the butter to melt, then simmer very gently, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.

Allow the mixture to cool completely then stir in the brandy, rum or sherry.

Spoon the mincemeat into sterilised jam jars, seal tightly, label and store in a cool place.


23/11/2020, Monday

Exercises today:

1. Morning routine
2. Noon at Park
3. Night routine

25/11/2020, Wednesday

One more week before the second lockdown to end. People are cautiously optimistic, I think, because of several good news about vaccines. Well, as long as the current R number can stay close to 1, let's try not to undo the good effort again before the new year.

27/11/2020, Friday

A week of madness is finally behind me. Time to rewind!

No comments:

Post a Comment