Saturday 20 November 2010

Winter delights

It never fails to amaze me how such little things in life can make me feel happy.

I like a warm shower in a cold winter morning. When the gentle heat starts to permeate from my skin to the bones, toes to the head, a smile like a little flower bud starts to bloom and transforms my face and my mind. After that, generously slather on a layer of creamy ginger body cream. I like its subtle but steady warmth provided by ginger and its earthy and calming smell reassuringly lingers on.

After that, what can be better than eating a bowl of warm bread pudding which has soaked up all the gorgeous flavors of vanilla, butter and sugar? When spooning it open, this serenely sweet smell from my kitchen concoction swarms upon me. You know you have been rewarded.

And I always need a coffee in the morning to wake up fully. Black during work days but always with milk during weekends to ease off its distinct bitterness and harshness. No rush, no clock, sipping it at my own speed and with Bocelli singing by my side, pure morning bliss.

What's even better is to know that I still have the whole afternoon and evening, free.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment