Wednesday 17 March 2021

I make - Oaty Ginger Biscuits

I finally have a recipe of ginger biscuits I like. It's not like the Christmas biscuits, only gently spiced, just the way I like it. Definitely One of my favorites!

Oaty Ginger Biscuits, adapted from Coeliac.uk

250g gluten-free flour (your favorite blend*)
100 g oats, scruffily ground
50g caster sugar
100g soft brown sugar
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground ginger + 1/2 tsp mixed spice**
1 beaten egg
100g butter or margarine
20 g golden syrup

Heat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3

Put all dry ingredients into large bowl and add the egg

Melt the butter and syrup in a pan and pour over dry ingredients. Mix well and leave until cool enough to handle. I chill the dough in the fridge for a few hours for flavor to develop.

Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into a ball and place on baking sheet patting top slightly. Allow a little room to spread

Bake for 10-12 minutes or longer if you like them crispier.

*My blend is: 20% Buckwheat + 20% Cornmeal + 20% Oats + 20% Rice + 20% Tapioca

**Another flavor combination I like is: 1 tsp ground ginger + 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + 1 tsp orange extract

No comments:

Post a Comment