Saturday 6 June 2020

2020 weekly - week 23 (11th week of confinement)

31/05/2020, Sunday

Last day of May. It seems that times flies just as fast during the lockdown.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 24cm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning routine:

0. Rucksack on with 4 kgs (2 big bottles of laundry liquid)
1. Warm up
    a. Alternating toe and heel walk: 5 minutes
    b. Calf raise on the stairs: 5 minutes
2. Alfredson Protocol: (15 reps on the right leg; 15 reps on the left leg)x3
3. Single leg calf raise: (1 minute on the right leg; 1 minute on the left leg)x3
4. Get up and sit down in a chair: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
5. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
    5b.Backward lunges: (10 reps with left leg back; 10 reps with right leg back)x3
6. Arabesque: 8x3 (standing on the left leg), 8x3 (standing on the right leg)
7. Sumo squats: 10x2


Afternoon routine:

0. Warm-up: Body-weight squat+heel-raise: 20x4
1. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x4
2. Walking lunges: 4 minutes
3. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
4. Knee-high jumps: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
5. Jumping squats: 10x3
6. Jacks: (Star 10 reps; Scissor 10 reps)x4
7. Standing Abs: cross-elbow, chopping, side leg-raise, front leg-raise
8. Side lunges with arms pushing out
9. Butt kicks: 10x3
10. Push-ups: 10x3

Also, I run three times a week during the afternoon routine, 1200 meters or more in several chunks depending on how I feel on the day. When I run, I just do half of the afternoon routine.

Discovered pan-fried chickpeas recently. It's such a nice side dish for roasted vegetables or any meal. I melted some butter in a pan and pour in cooked and drained chickpeas. Pan fry the chickpeas until the liquid is almost gone and season with cajun spice, garlic powder and sweet chilli sauce. Adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice. Serve! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01/06/2020, Monday

Feeling pretty meh today. Too hot? Maybe. just have no motivation for most things. Did my morning routine, no afternoon one. Went for an evening walk, starting to feel better.


02/06/2020, Tuesday

After a rather dispirited day yesterday, I am glad to say I feel more up this morning with more energy and drive. Did both morning routine and ran 4000 meters today in the park. Feeling content with what I did.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, I may have the biggest cooking surprise: soy milk made from soy flour! I got a bag of soy flour for gluten-free bread making. The smallest bag I could find is 500 g and I only need 15 g each time for making bread. Knowing that I need to find other ways to use up soy flour, I chanced upon making soy milk from soy flour. What a revelation! I considered myself as knowing what a proper soy milk should taste like and let me tell you soy flour derived soy milk is pretty close. The flavor is 90% similar to the milk made from soy beans, which I am quite pleased to find out. And there is no hassle of grinding and filtering the bean mush. The soy flour is fine enough that its milk tastes pleasantly smooth without filtering.

Here is what I did: Mix 1 cup of soy flour in 4 cups (1 liter) hot water. Bring the pot to boil and reduce the heat to simmer without lid for 20 minutes. That's it! No sieving and you get to enjoy the whole soy beans. Stir or shake the soy milk before drinking. The soy milk is good as is. For variation, I like to add a big dollop of molasses to the soy milk when it's simmering. It's not traditional but provides a nice brown sugar background to the milk which I like.

03/06/2020, Wednesday

I have become a wimp when it comes to warm weather. I simply melt when the temperature is above 20C. After two weeks above 22 degrees, today it cooled down to 18C. Feeling marvelous, especially during the afternoon exercise in the park. Thoroughly enjoyable today.

During my evening walk today, we discovered two take-outs which serve gluten-free fish/chips and pizzas! It almost brought me to tears to see that my dining out (almost) life may not be as bad as I thought.

04/06/2020, Thursday

There was some maintenance work going on in the park so I couldn't do the proper laps. I started with some foot pain but after doing more warm-up seemed to help. In the end, I did roughly 2400 meters. 

Friday, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment