Tuesday 29 May 2012

What's been serving on this side of the Atlantics

Yogurt dill potato salad, garlic tomatoes with balsamic vinegar glaze, cucumber slices in dill vinaigrette
Best potato salad I've had. What a revelation to use yogurt instead of mayo in the salad. Not only does it add the tang and the flavor to the salad, but also it is much healthier. No more mayo in my potato salad!


Brown butter and raspberry muffin cake (adapted from Baking Bites). 
To tell you a secret, I am muffin shy. It just never works for me. Not sure where the problem stems from, but a muffin recipe baked in individual muffin moulds always turn out to be flat (dome-less) and dry for me. That's why I always bake it whole in a cake tin. I replaced 1/2 cup of flour with ground almond and topped the muffin cake with raspberries. The cake is tender, moist, not overly sweet, just the right balance for me as    a breakfast cake.


 Raspberry tiramisu (adapted from Nigel Slater).
I soaked the lady fingers with Earl Grey tea, instead of booze. The citrusy note of Earl Grey goes pretty well with raspberries and lifts up the good old tiramisu. My kind of summery tiramisu!

Afternoon tea at Connaught
My birthday tea, with Picasso exhibit to finish. Both marvellous. My ideal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment