Saturday 5 May 2012

Dîner chez moi - 5-11 May

Saturday: Red mullet in tomato and porcini sauce, crusty baguette, raspberry clafoutis

  A typical Ligurian dish, I was told, has both sea and mountain flavors in one dish, just like its geographical location, Liguria.

Sunday: a day in London

Monday: Roasted pork ribs with home-made barbecue sauce, steamed green beans

Tuesday: Mushroom and shallot quiche with bacon bits

Wednesday: Broccoli pasta, Serrano ham slices

  I first discovered this dish by watching an Italian police TV series, Commisario Moltalbano. Then I turned to my Italian cookbook which says this way of mixing broccoli and pasta can be found all over southern Italy. There are basically two versions, with or without anchovies. I opted for the simplest version, with just a hearty amount of chopped garlic, a customisable pinch of chili flakes and half a onion. My version is very similar to Rachel's from rachel eats, one of my recent favorite finds.

Thursday: Same as Tuesday

Friday: wild card

No comments:

Post a Comment