Saturday 17 December 2011

Dîner chez moi - 17-23 December

How should one eat before the official holiday feast begins in a week's time? Hard one, I don't want to be de-sensitised for the ultimate treat week but at the same time I would feel deprived if I just eat like a rabbit. Here is what I come up and I hope that would please everyone.

Saturday: Vodka tomato cream tagliatelle, baked lemon sole and blanched green beans (sautéed in browned butter).

Sunday: Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoes. I really enjoy cooking from this book by Nigella Lawson. The recipes are very practical, sufficiently easy and always turn out delicious for me. This is one of the few books where I have tried almost 10 dishes (I've had it for a year) and keeps me coming back for more ideas every time.

Monday: Prawn curry, steamed rice and spiced spinach.

Tuesday: Quesadilla with Spanish chicken with chorizo (as suggested by Nigella to finish up the Sunday dish). No leftover from Sunday. The dish did not disappoint me. Pasta tonight!

Wednesday: Prawn curry and rice.

Thursday: Lemon sole with crushed potatoes. Steamed vegetables.

Friday: Pan-fried balsamic pear salad with Serrano ham with crusty bread. Can I pull it off for the carnivore in the house? Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment