Wednesday 23 November 2011

In Paris, with love

I just came back from a rather enjoyable dinner in Paris. Nope, not for pleasure but for work.

And today I had short but rather morale boosting email exchanges with someone I admire professionally (yes, idolisation is not exclusive for pop stars, you know). Can you imagine how nice and humble it must feel when someone you (secretly) admire for all these years say nice things about you and your work? Have been working on a favorite subject of mine for many years and wondering all along how this person thinks of it, I feel reassured and moved to hear a confirmation from my fellow scientist. It is nearly the end of the year and I cannot possibly ask for a better winter warmer than this.

Thank you, J and A. You are just as wonderful as I had imagined it. I hope our paths would cross again.

No comments:

Post a Comment