Monday 21 November 2011

Three pretty good things: November 21

1. Masala tea. 
Such an aromatic infusion warming not only the body but the senses. I am still working on my favorite spice combination but at the moment it has fennel seeds, cinnamon barks, green cardamom pods, cloves, black peppercorn and fresh ginger slices. I prefer making my masala tea the whole spice way, meaning no blending all spices into powder. I make my aromatic elixir first by boiling together the whole spices and water, and then steep my tea in this wonderfully warming liquid. Perfect for a cold Sunday afternoon.

2. Porridge. 
It's been a long time favorite breakfast of mine. I particularly like the British way of preparing and eating porridge. Cook the oatmeal in plain water and top it up with brown sugar when eating. How simple is that! And it tastes just wonderful. A nice variation as recently shown by Nigel Slater is to sprinkle some cinnamon powder and drizzle a little bit cold milk on top of the steaming hot porridge. I have to admit that I have been addicted to this way of eating porridge ever since.

3. Barbara. 
Probably my most admired person in the blogsphere. Such an inspiration. 
Welcome back, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment