Monday 27 July 2020

I make - Overnight oats

Have been on overnight oats a lot this year as breakfast. Different brands of oats result in different creaminess for me. Glebe Farm Gluten-Free Oats gives me the best texture. After trying a number of variations, plain is the best for me so I've decided to write it down as a record. 

A single serving overnight oats

- 1/4 cup porridge oats 
- 1 tsp (5g) chia seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Water
- A Bonne Maman size jam jar with screw top

Combine all dry ingredients in a jam jar. Add in lemon juice and enough water to cover the oats. I add just over twice amount of water as my porridge (just eye balling the water level in the jar). The oats and chia will swell up and double the volume. Cover and leave it on the table or in the fridge before going to bed.

To serve:

- 1 tbsp peanut butter (I prefer smooth)
- 100 g plain 0% Greek yogurt

To eat, stir in peanut butter and 100 g of Greek yogurt. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment