Saturday 8 August 2020

2020 weekly - week 32 (20th week of confinement)

02/08/2020, Sunday

My physio morning and afternoon routines for the coming week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had my first endoscopy yesterday after self-isolating for a week. Opted for sedation (and throat spray by default). The process went very quickly and much less scary as I thought. Waiting for the biopsy results.

03/08/2020, Monday

Looks like there is another heatwave from the mid-week. So I relished my Monday run at the park with just 18C. Perfect.

Total running distance: 4400 meters
Longest non-stopping distance: 2800 meters

05/08/2020, Wednesday

My first video consultation with GP today, did not go well. Firstly, the phone didn't ring at the scheduled time. A text message came 40 minutes after the appointment time telling me to log on a video link. OK, I was getting hopeful. Then waiting for another 90 minutes and I made a phone call just to make sure I was doing everything correctly (yes I did and was told the nurse was busy?! Why did she text me?). Still no sign of consultation. Right now it's 130 minutes after the scheduled consultation. Should I continue to wait?

This is really lousy. 

06/08/2020, Thursday

It turned out that the video link did not work yesterday. I logged on by clicking the link but nothing happened. So I am not sure what/where went wrong. 

It's another rant about my experience with GPs today. First of all, NHS staff get my full respect, admiration and support. Period. My experience with the big hospitals have been excellent and I've been grateful since. As for my GP practice, it's a bit hit and miss. I do get seen most of the time when I need. That's a plus. However, there are more minuses such as missing prescriptions (zillion times) and not proactive at all. Notes sent to them regarding my medical conditions were never followed up until I request it. Once it's started, it's me who have to request the relevant tests. Seriously? Haven't they all sworn to care human life after years of training? I am going blind here simply based on what I read from the internet. And yet, I feel that I only get treatments if I ask. What else am I missing which I could have needed? I am really worried.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total running distance: 4800 meters
Longest non-stopping distance: 3200 meters (new record!)

07/08/2020, Friday

Another 34C Friday, properly melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment