Thursday 16 April 2020

I make - Tahini marmalade flapjacks

Being a long time fan of Dan Lepard (and flapjacks), I found two of his flapjack recipes which uses tahini or marmalade. Tahini and marmalade! Two of my favorite ingredients in the world. I can't decide which one I want to make first so I combine both. Just by licking the mixing spoon I know this is going to be good!

Tahini Marmalade Flapjacks

75 g butter
50 g brown sugar
75 g marmalade
75 g tahini (or other nut butter)
50 g golden syrup
1/4 tsp salt
100 g raisins, soaked in warm water and drained
100 g walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp chia seeds, soaked in 2 tbsp water
200 g porridge oats

Preheat the oven at 160C. Grease and line a 23-cm square tin.

In a pot on low heat, melt together butter, sugar, marmalade, tahini and golden syrup with 1/4 tsp of salt. Once the butter is melted, stir everything to combine. Turn the heat off (no need to boil the content).

Tip in raisins, walnuts, bloomed chia seeds and oats. I also added 1 tsp cinnamon powder and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to the mixture, but that's just for my taste.

Pour the flapjack mixture to the prepared cake tin. Press down the mixture and pack firmly in the tin. Bake in the oven at 160C for 30 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.

Tasting note: this one is a keeper. I start to understand why some say to stay away from this flapjacks because I single-mouthly finished in three days (with great restraints).

No comments:

Post a Comment