Saturday 18 April 2020

2020 weekly - week 16 (4th week of confinement)

12/04/2020, Easter Sunday

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 24.5cm

Morning or maintenance routine (this is my old routine):

0. Warm up by raising up both heels and slowly coming down
1. Alternating toe and heel walk: 10 minutes
2. Heel walk: 4 minutes
3. Single leg stance: 5 minutes
4. Alfredson Protocol: 15 reps x 3 on the right leg; 15 reps x 3 on the left leg
4b. Single leg calf raise: 1 minute x 3 on the right leg; 1 minute x 3 on the left leg
5. Dorsiflexion stretch on a step: 4 minutes
6. Ankle four ways with resistance band

Afternoon routine (this is for the new exercises):

0. Warm up: squat down and heel raise 8x10, inchworm 10-20 reps
1. Stationary lunges, forward/backward: 2 minutes
1b. Walking lunges: 6 minutes
2. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
2b. Knee-high jump: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
3. Stationary side lunges: 2 minutes
3b. Moving side lunges: 4 minutes
4. Single leg calf raise with a dumbbell on a stepper: right leg 3 minutes + left leg 3 minutes
5. Jumping squats: 5 jumps x 6
6. Balance on a wobble board (not yet)
7. Leg press machine (not yet)
8. Standing Abs:
    a. elbow to knee: 20x3
    b. cross chop: 20
    c. side leg raise: 20
    d. twist jack: 20
9. Bench push-ups: 10x4

Found a really cool fitness website (with its demonstration youtube channel) called DAREBEE. It has loads of workout routines with clear non babbling videos. Heaven!  They have a routine called "Power Mode" which overlaps a lot with the routine I devised for myself in the afternoon:


13/04/2020, Easter Monday

I made my first batch of gluten-free chinese dumplings. I had expected the worst but the dough actually tasted not bad at all, with the slight chew! Will experiment more.

14/04/2020, Tuesday

Celery and blue cheese soup made for this week. Blue cheese is a great flavor enhancer for soups made with somehow bland vegetables such as potatoes or cauliflower. Whenever I feel the soup on the thin side (taste not texture), I always add some blue cheese in (St Agur is great) and the soup comes back to life.

For all soups I have made, hubby said he prefers leek and potato and this celery soup. My conclusion is that he prefers potato based soup :-)

17/04/2020, Friday

I ran 1200 today! Even I ran the whole distances in several parts, I felt good and motivated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment