Saturday 25 April 2020

2020 weekly - week 17 (5th week of confinement)

19/04/2020, Sunday

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 24cm

Morning or maintenance routine (this is my old routine):

0. Warm up by raising up both heels and slowly coming down
1. Alternating toe and heel walk: 10 minutes
2. Heel walk: 4 minutes
3. Single leg stance: 5 minutes
4. Alfredson Protocol: 15 reps x 3 on the right leg; 15 reps x 3 on the left leg
4b. Single leg calf raise: 1 minute x 3 on the right leg; 1 minute x 3 on the left leg
5. Dorsiflexion stretch on a step: 4 minutes
6. Ankle four ways with resistance band

Afternoon routine (this is for the new exercises):

0. Warm up: squat down and heel raise 20x4, inchworm 10-20 reps
1. Stationary lunges, forward/backward: 2 minutes
1b. Walking lunges: 6 minutes
2. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
2b. Knee-high jump: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
3. Stationary side lunges: 2 minutes
3b. Moving side lunges: 4 minutes
4. Single leg calf raise with a dumbbell on a stepper: right leg 3 minutes + left leg 3 minutes
5. Jumping squats: 5 jumps x 6
6. Balance on a wobble board (not yet)
7. Leg press machine (not yet)
8. Standing Abs:
    a. elbow to knee: 20x3
    b. cross chop: 20
    c. side leg raise: 20
    d. twist jack: 20
9. Bench push-ups: 10x4

DAREBEE "Power Mode" routine overlaps a lot with exercises I devised for myself:


20/04/2020, Monday

Soup of the week: cauliflower, turmeric and coconut (+potato) soup (this tastes fab, my friends! will be on a repeat!)
Main of the week: black bean chili with rice, yogurt and grated cheese

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had a phone consultation today with my physiotherapist. The initial face-to-face appointment was changed because of COVID-19.

It went better than I thought. It was not with my usual therapist but the replacement did a very good job today. He answered my concerns regarding ankle clicking sound and walking down stairs not smoothly. He also reassures me of my current routine and suggests for further enhancement by using weight (for me it will be books in a rucksack).

In summary, the exercises he suggests for the next 6 months are:

lunges
knee-high jumps
squat jumps
calf-raise
sit-down/stand-up
star jumps
scissor jacks

All done preferably with weights.

He also suggests to do deep stretch during calf-raise when heels are down. This may help loosen the ankle up.

See you in 6 months!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I felt pretty good after the phone consultation so I went for a run of 2000 meters (in several chunks). Finished with some abs and push-ups. Today is a good day.

21/04/2020, Tuesday

I felt like I had a very good day again today. The sun definitely helped but so did other things. Let me recount what I did:

Morning: started the exercises with weight. Two big bottles of laundry liquid seem to do the trick. I definitely sweated a lot more than yesterday.

Noon: off to the park for the second round of exercises. I did everything I planned. Tried a few rounds jumping which convinced me that I am on the right track. Push-ups are still hard. After that, we went home to lunch. Cauliflower coconut soup is just so delicious. I want to lick the bowl clean.

Afternoon: to the company. I managed to switch on my PC! What a success! Being without a functional PC for a week. There were four things on my mind. I finished two and starting the third one during 2.5 hrs at work. Pretty efficient, I thought.

Evening: got home around 7pm. Feeling I really achieved a few things I set out to achieve. Totally relaxed and happy. Dinner was nacho rice (if there is such thing). Another fab meal.


24/04/2020, Friday

After trying a few variations, here are the revised routines.

Morning routine:

0. Rucksack on with 4 kgs (2 big bottles of laundry liquid)
1. Warm up
    a. Alternating toe and heel walk: 5 minutes
    b. Calf raise on the stairs: 5 minutes
2. Alfredson Protocol: (15 reps on the right leg; 15 reps on the left leg)x3
3. Single leg calf raise: (1 minute on the right leg; 1 minute on the left leg)x3
4. Get up and sit down in a chair: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
5. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x3
    5b.Backward lunges: (10 reps with left leg back; 10 reps with right leg back)x3
6. Sumo squats: 10x2


Afternoon routine:

0. Warm-up: Body-weight squat+heel-raise: 20x4
1. Split (stationary) lunges: (10 reps with left leg forward; 10 reps with right leg forward)x4
2. Walking lunges: 4 minutes
3. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
4. Knee-high jumps: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
5. Jumping squats: 10x3
6. Jacks: (Star 10 reps; Scissor 10 reps)x4
7. Standing Abs: cross-elbow, chopping, side leg-raise, front leg-raise
8. Side lunges with arms pushing out
9. Arabesque: 8x3 (standing on the left leg), 8x3 (standing on the right leg)
10. Butt kicks: 10x3
11. Push-ups: 10x4

No comments:

Post a Comment