Saturday 21 March 2020

2020 weekly - week 12

15/03/2020, Sunday

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 22.5-23cm
right widest: 25cm

I'm pretty pleased to say that I didn't have ankle pain last week with the revised routine. I should have listened to my therapist from the start. Well, at least I listened to my body now. So, if Covid-19 is not getting in the way, here is the routine I plan for the coming week.

Lunchtime routine (this is for the new exercises):

0. Warm up: squat down and heel raise 3x10, inchworm 10-20 reps
1. Stationary lunges, forward/backward: 2 minutes
1b. Walking lunges: 6 minutes
2. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
2b. Knee-high jump: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
3. Stationary side lunges: 2 minutes
3b. Moving side lunges: 4 minutes
4. Single leg calf raise with a dumbbell on a stepper: right leg 3 minutes + left leg 3 minutes
5. Jumping squats (not yet)
6. Balance on a wobble board (not yet)
7. Leg press machine (not yet)


Evening routine (this is my old routine):

0. Warm up by raising up both heels and slowly coming down
1. Alternating toe and heel walk: 10 minutes
2. Heel walk: 4 minutes
3. Single leg stance: 5 minutes
4. Alfredson Protocol: 15 reps x 3 on the right leg; 15 reps x 3 on the left leg
4b. Single leg calf raise: 1 minute x 3 on the right leg; 1 minute x 3 on the left leg
5. Dorsiflexion stretch on a step: 4 minutes
6. Ankle four ways with resistance band

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meals planned this week are:

Lasagna
Mushroom Stilton quiche
Fish with turmeric chickpeas

16/03/2020, Monday

The lunch time routine went well until single calf raise. For whatever reason, today I couldn't raise my calf at all! A little bit worrying. Hope it's only one of those days when things don't go my way.

I heard that someone at the research park got Covid-19! The premise where this person worked was deep cleaned last week. Why didn't the management office announce the news more broadly? Shouldn't we all have the right to know whether we might be in contact with this individual? Not very happy.

Finally, our couldn't-care-less government announced remote work when possible. A sigh of relief! Then our own management emailed soon after to give the permission of remote working. Looks like this year will be disquiet for some time.

19/03/2020, Thursday

Have to say, working from home is the best for me to do physio properly. I don't rush the exercises as much as I do in the gym at work. I also get to do the routines more regularly, instead of squeezing in between meeting breaks, if I am not too tired.

Anyway, very pleased to be back to a more structured physio routine. I had problems of raising my calf again, this time just with body weight. It went away after one round of routine. Still, I am a bit concerned.

On the plus side, I feel jumping/jogging is easier and my ankle seems to take it better. This makes me happy. I need to continue with the routine. It's working for me steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment