Saturday 14 March 2020

2020 weekly - week 11

08/03/2020, Sunday

My local supermarket was swept clean for the long-life items such as canned food, pulses and beans and household items. It seems that people panic-buy for the covid-19. It's annoying because it means we have to follow a bit to keep our household going. We didn't go too crazy (we can't anyway because the shelves are empty!). Just extra bags of pasta and cereals. I had to get bread flour in an organic shop because nearby supermarkets all sold out. When did this ever happen?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided to track my ankle swelling with actual numbers!

Ankle circumference (tape going on top of tibia/fibula pointed parts):
left widest: 23cm
right widest: 25cm

Also, I have revised my routines again. Mainly because I don't want to have ankle pain to stop doing what I should do. So I decided to take an easier approach (close to my therapist's suggestion) on jumping.

Lunchtime routine (this is for the new exercises):

0. Warm up: squat down and heel raise 3x10, inchworm 10-20 reps
1a. Jogging on the spot: 2 minutes
1b. Knee-high jump: (45-sec on + 15-sec off)x4
2. Stationary lunges, forward/backward: 2 minutes
2b. Mobile + Walking lunges: 2 + 2 minutes
3. Stationary side lunges: 2 minutes
3b. Moving side lunges: 4 minutes
4. Single leg calf raise with a dumbbell: right leg 3 minutes + left leg 3 minutes
5. Jumping squats (not yet)
6. Balance on a ball (not yet)
7. Leg press machine (not yet)


Evening routine (this is my old routine):

0. Warm up by raising up both heels and slowly coming down
1. Alternating toe and heel walk: 10 minutes
2. Heel walk: 4 minutes
3. Single leg stance: 5 minutes
4. Alfredson Protocol: 15 reps x 3 on the right leg; 15 reps x 3 on the left leg
4b. Single leg calf raise: 1 minute x 3 on the right leg; 1 minute x 3 on the left leg
5. Dorsiflexion stretch on a step: 4 minutes
6. Ankle four ways with resistance band

09/03/2020, Monday

Italy plans for a nationwide lock-down. Israel requests 14-day quarantine for all travelers (all nationalities). Travel ban has been imposed by many countries. In the meantime, the stock markets have plunged everywhere. UK consumers clear off household items faster than the virus spread. Are people panicking or I am too relaxed about this COVID-19?

11/03/2020, Wednesday

Today my company announces bans on business travels and conferences, as WHO declared a pandemic.


No comments:

Post a Comment