Saturday 9 December 2017

2017 Weekly - Week 49

03/12/2017

It's official. I've reached my goal of 5000 meters. I finished it at 40 minutes and 30 seconds, just under 41 minutes set by myself a year ago. I have stuck at just over 41 minutes a few times, thinking that this may be it. But tonight I gave it a final push, thinking again that it's my last chance this year to reach my goal. I started this year at 44 minutes and now I finish 2017 with three minutes better. This is by no means a great running record but I said it before and I will say it again that running or fitness is a competition with oneself. We are all different, of different build, biology and daily lives. As long as I am better than myself a year ago, then it's a real and meaningful self-improvement.

04/12/2017

As entering the last month of 2017, I feel I need more motivation to finish everything, at least at work. A few weeks of holidays are waiting for me, I know. I just need to summon up courage to finish a few things off.

06/12/2017

I am still waiting for 10 Downing Street or TM to say the sensible things after this outrageous statement across the pond.

07/12/2017

Once my french teacher said to us about not drinking water after having couscous. I began to understand (painfully) what she meant tonight.

08/12/2017

5000 meters at 40 minutes and 27 seconds! I did it again, 5000 meters under 41 minutes, twice in a row! Beyond excited. What a nice way to end this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment