Saturday 2 December 2017

2017 Weekly - Week 48

29/11/2017

I just saw the panto this year which my second ever and I think I am getting to like this ritual. The one I go to is produced by ADC in Cambridge. It's just getting better and better.

The title of the panto this year is Hunchback of Notre Dame. Before I went, I was not sure how they are going to adapt Victor Hugo's masterpiece (one of) into a lighthearted family Christmas entertainment and also without feeling cliche. Wow, the troupe did not disappoint. The scripts are witty, full of puns as always. But the play also feels timely, relevant and well resonated with what's going on in the world. It made me laugh and think at the same time. I came home with lots of joy and gratitude in my heart. At the end of the show, they were asking for donations for the refugee charities. I didn't have money with me but I did go online and donate to two charities. This is the true spirit of Christmas, even though I am not religious. Time to reflect, share and be grateful.

I hope you are well.


No comments:

Post a Comment