Saturday 18 December 2010

I like - Morita Douji (森田童子)

I discovered Douji san in early 90s, a Japanese music artist and song writer. There is not much known about her, if you don't read Japanese. Even if you read Japanese, there is not much. Douji san released her first album in 1975 and a few more 10 years after. There is nothing after 1983, no news, no music, as if she has disappeared from the earth.

I like the tinge of folk style in her music. She sings as if she is reading a story, slowly, quietly and attentively. I am ambivalent about the fact that I don't understand Japanese. True, if I had read Japanese, I may understand her music completely different. However, I quite like the fact that her music directly talks to me, touches me and communicates with me in anything other than words.

I don't know why she stopped so suddenly, with just six albums. I know I would have liked to follow her music development, but I understand sometimes we prefer doing things on our own.

Our failure (ぼくたちの失敗)


The Last Waltz (ラスト・ワルツ)

No comments:

Post a Comment