Saturday 18 January 2020

2020 weekly - Week 3

12/01/2020, Sunday

Feeling really good waking up today after yesterday's reassuring election results. That puts me in a good mood to start the day as well. Breakfast, bath, talking to my family and walking exercises. Life is built on small things and happiness accumulates when achieving them.

I noticed that using walker is another way to train my ankle, in a different way. Should add this in as well.

Total walking time: 50 minutes including one round outdoor

13/01/2020, Monday

I've figured out a way to get up and down stairs on my own. Embarrassingly still with my bum but at least I can get the crutches down and back up on my own. Note to self: have to super train my upper body strength in due course.

Food wise, still relying on supermarket's offering >70% but I will make some rice tonight to go with the battered fish hubby got.

A week from now will be my second physio session. Walking wise, there is a clear improvement. As for ankle ROM aspect, I don't feel it improves much. True that I've spent more time walking, rather than on ankle ROM exercises...

Total walking time: 60 minutes

14/01/2020, Tuesday

My arms are sore these days. Not sore sore but feeling them definitely even when I just wake up.

Today I split the walking with boot on 60% on two crutches and 40% on one. I feel the ankle is certainly stronger as it doesn't complain at the end of the exercise. Good news. I am also adding extra walking without the boot since it augments my ankle mobility exercise.

Total walking time: 60 minutes with boot on, 50 minutes with boot off.

15/01/2020, Wednesday

The rash on the right leg seems to be under control after almost two weeks. Aloe vera saves me again.

I should listen to Journal en francais facile from RFI more often. The french is well enunciated in 10-minute news broadcast. There is something to be said about French news broadcasts. The news is diverse and international. Even our Ms Tsai got mentioned!

I can WALK on the stairs!! Just like that, all of sudden, I felt like giving it a go so I did. After two months of bumming up and down, today I walked again on stairs. Feeling like a true achievement. Being partial weight bearing certainly takes the weight off the arms sufficient enough for me to use my feet again.

Total walking time: 60 minutes with boot on, 50 minutes with boot off, including one round outdoor

16/01/2020, Thursday

A laptop will soon be reconfigured for my remote working request. It's another sign of progress, I suppose.

Walking exercises are still my priority.

Total walking time: 60 minutes with boot on, 60 minutes with boot off, including one round outdoor.

17/01/2020, Friday

Decided to take the boot off completely for exercise, as it seems to rub on my wound. Took me a long time to realise that it could be the reason why my wound keeps on oozing out liquid. I should have been more alert.

Total walking time: 90 minutes with boot off.

No comments:

Post a Comment