Tuesday 17 September 2024

My Lucky Star

 

Laura Huang:

People generally underestimate two things: 

    How hard it is to get your foot in the door as an outsider. 

    How wide doors are open once you’re on the inside. 


It took me three failed attempts before I successfully changed employers. I don't know how my number compares to others but it takes me roughly one year to recover for every failed job application. When you give it all, you could lose it all. 

But you know what? I realize that I can be resilient and I only need one Yes. So instead of the number of failure, I look at success. You always learn something from the process. That's what I discover. So rest assured that your effort is never in vain.

And since I made my first successful move, the place continues to impress me with its people and quality of work. This is the first time I have honestly say that I feel being trusted with what I can do and with my potential, sometimes more than I trust myself. I am truly grateful given the opportunities and also pleased about making myself change. For M, even our circles rarely overlap, I am eternally grateful for your faith in me.  

Laura Huang:

Acknowledge that it takes time to get good at anything. Enjoy the process of getting better and better each day, and then you can start to enjoy the result without getting hammered down where it's crowded.

Take comfort in knowing that your basic goods and your perspective matter. You can create an edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment