Thursday 25 July 2024

Stepping out of comfort zone

I did something that I would have never done before. I asked for an opportunity to apply to a position which is currently open to the public. I don't know whether I would get it. I know there are qualified people out there. I just wanted to give it a shot at a once-in-a-life opportunity when everything feels right to me.

This is something I've been secretly working. I even talked to a few people to gather opinions. I would have never done that before. I hope to retire in 10 years and some think it's early. It's borderline but it's now or never for me if I want to give a shot to anything. So, what else can I lose?

The person I officially talked to today is easy to talk to and friendly at least on the surface. You never know what/how this person will say behind my back. I gave a decent pitch, not much I would regret. 

The more grey hair I get, the more comfortable I feel about myself and doing things to avoid regrets. This is one of them. 

So this deserves a post, to commemorate a milestone that I, a life long I-get-what-I'm-given, finally dared to ask for what I really want. 

Remember, you just need one Yes, so never mind the Nos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment