Saturday 27 November 2021

2021 November

02/11/2021

Oh, did I mention how brave and inspiring Prue Leith is? Yes, she's a self-made very successfully business woman but it's her Vietnamese journey with her daughter which finally had me. That was a very authentic 60 minutes of Prue soul searching as well as mine.

06/11/2021

There must be a chocolate curse with me. Why is it that my cake turns out to be brownies and my brownies turns out to be cakey?

07/11/2021

Martha Beck writes in such a soothing and comforting tone. I feel instantly at ease when I read her book. But as much as I adore Martha, I can't tolerate her podcast. Sorry. I know I am missing out a lot but I simply can't bear the voice.

27/11/2021

Just one month to go for 2021. I recently got in to roast chicken legs. The following recipe is so good and quick to prepare. It has become a regular.

Roast Chicken Legs

4 chicken legs (each piece has a thigh and a drum stick)
1 onion + 2 shallots (or 2 onions), roughly chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed broken with skin on
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
3/4 cup white wine
Oil, salt and pepper to season
a large baking tray, double lined with tin foil

Preheat the oven to 200C. Have a large baking tray lined and oiled. Put in the onions, garlic and thyme. Lightly drizzle some oil, season with salt and pepper. Stir to even out the seasonings and spread the veggies to cover the tray equally.

On top of veggies, lay down four chicken legs with space between them and season with salt and pepper on top. Drizzle oil on top of the chicken. 

Pour the wine into the tray. Try not to touch the chicken pieces. The amount of wine should just be enough to cover the bottom of the tray. You don't want the tray to come out with a pool of water after roasting, just enough to make the onions look moist and soft.

Put the baking tray in the oven and roast at 200C for 60 minutes. Rotate the tray 180C after 30 minutes.

Rest for 5 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment