Saturday 6 April 2019

2019 weekly - Week 14

04/04/2019

Met an ex-colleague who left suddenly today. I like this colleague socially. I thought professional this person was well respected as well but I didn't work in the same team. Nevertheless, I decided to keep in touch and have had a few events lined up together.

In fact, removing the layer of work may help better for the friendship. I look forward to the events later this years.

06/04/2019

Just made my first babka, an easy version but oh my word, isn't this the easiest yeasted dough I've ever made? And it tastes light, just sweet and satisfying!

I used a recipe from King Arthur Flour. I reduced the amount of yeast to 1 teaspoon and added the zest from 1 orange. I am so thrilled about the taste that I have to post it asap! Next time, I will make a lemon syrup instead. It would further lighten up and provides some contrast as well for the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment