Saturday 20 October 2018

2018 weekly - Week 42

14/10/2018

Made this very popular Chunky Lola Cookies from the Flour Bakery. The recipe is easy to work with and produces cookies with excellent flavor. With oats, coconut, nuts and chocolate chips, the texture is more complex than other cookies. It's worth a try. It's funny to see hubby sneak downstairs to have a cookie.  Well, I pretend not to notice the dwindling cookie number.

I shaped my cookie dough in golf ball size and baked at 180C for 15 minutes. The result is golden/crisp on the edges and soft in the domed center. Next time I will try substitute ground almond for half of the desiccated coconut, bake with the dough slightly flattened in the center.

19/10/2018

Came home after 9pm four days this week. Feeling quite exhausted by now. Frozen cookie dough is a great thing. Each time I bake 4-5 cookies, straight from the freezer. They bake well but don't spread as much. If I have time, I let the cookie soften at the room temperature and flatten the cookie dough. That creates a nice round cookie for me every time.

ps. after resting the cookie a few days, the Lola cookie texture is less coarse, probably the coconut (and the oat) has time to absorb some moisture. It tastes even better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment