Friday 4 May 2018

2018 weekly - Week 18

28/04/2018

Time to pluck myself out of the (self-)pity and (self-)loathing mode.

I made the 100% Birthday-Worthy Blondies. I have to take a snap before finishing them!

The Violet Bakery's Butterscotch Blondies

- 125 g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Maldon salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 65 g chopped chocolate (45%-60% cocoa)
- 40 g caramel shards (make caramel with 1/3 cup of sugar and let it harden on a piece of baking paper)

Preheat the oven at 160C. Line a 20cm square baking pan.

Combine brown sugar and salt flakes in a bowl. Smooth out all the sugar clumps with a wooden spoon. Add in vanilla and 1 egg. Stir to combine. Pour in melted butter. Mix well before adding in the flour and baking powder. The dough should be like cookie dough consistency. Stir in chopped chocolate.

Pour/spread the dough onto the prepared baking pan. Scatter the caramel shards on top. Bake at 160C for 30 minutes.

29/04/2018

I made a small progress on my presentation. Three hours on two slides. Will speed up in the following week.

I also tied up my desk as a way of distraction. 45 minutes to clear up a pile of 2-year-worth bank mails. Yes, I had a pile sitting on my desk for two years. It only took me 45 minutes to open/skim read/bin or keep. I should have done that long time ago!

A meal out tonight for us.

01/05/2018

Suddenly I realized that my hard-to-cut snacking is triggered by toxic people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment