Saturday 9 September 2017

2017 Weekly - Week 36

09/09/2017

I got a jar of lavender honey from my local farmers' market. There is something mysterious about lavender honey, a taste of delicacy and depth and I have yet to taste one that I don't like. It impresses me every time I think that it manages to have both dimensions together. I hardly taste lavender in the honey but only a rich and delicate floral note. It's so hard to come by that every time I see one I have to get one, even though it may cost three times more than the regular honey.

The best way to enjoy the honey (apart from having it on its own) is to spread generously on buttered and toasted (almost) white bread. The delicacy and finesse of lavender honey seems to dull on me when I spread it on multi-grain bread (or other more robust or nutritiously complex bread). It's still good but its true potential does not fully show.

With a large cup of cafe au lait, that's my Saturday brunch which brings a little bit surprise and nature's wonder to me.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment