Monday 14 April 2014

I make - parsley yogurt sauce

This sauce came up because I wanted to use up the other half bunch of parsley sitting in the fridge. I planned smoked mackerel for dinner so I made the sauce with smoked fish in mind.

By the way, plain yogurt is such a great creamy base for almost any kind of dipping sauce. I just can't live without yogurt!

Parsley yogurt sauce

- enough parsley, roughly 1/2 cup after being chopped
- juice from 1 lemon (you can add the zest too)
- 1 teaspoon of prepared horseradish sauce (or mustard)
- 1/2 - 1 cup of plain yogurt (it depends on how herby you like the sauce to be)
- 1 tablespoon of cream/creme fraiche/tahini/cashew cream/olive oil (this is to thicken the sauce)
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything and taste. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. It's great with smoked fish and should be good on grilled meat too. I even enjoyed the sauce on its own just with rye crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment