Saturday 12 March 2011

Happiest time of a week

With so much expectation and excitement, Saturday is my happiest moment of a week. It is when I sit down, flip through cookbooks by sunny windows and plan the meals for the next 7 days. Without a fail, it always fills me with delight and suitably relaxes me every single time. I sometimes would start with a rough idea in mind before picking up a cookbook and firm up the cook plan with ideas from the book. Some other time, I would let myself be taken for a culinary ride by the author of a book and decide the cook plan later with whatever tickles my fancy.

This week I have been particularly inspired by Dorie Greenspan. As it happened today, I opened her book without any idea what I would want to cook and I couldn't take my eyes off some recipes of hers. Here are the meal ideas from her recent book, Around My French Table, of which I will make for us this coming week.

- Mussels and chorizo linguine

- Hachis Parmentier (Doesn't the name sound exotic?) As Dorie explains in the book, it's the French version of Shepard's pie (or rather Cottage pie because it uses beef and pork, not lamb).

Other planned meal ideas are:

- Cod coated with light bread crumb, with steamed rice and blanched green beans

- Tortellini with creamy Dolcelatte sauce

Those little pleasures in life, how can we live without them?

Have a good weekend, you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment