Sunday 10 June 2012

It's green!

The idea came from a lovely friend and she knows a lot about making beautiful things in the kitchen and around the house. So I made my first glass of avocado smoothie today. Boy, did it look green and did it taste good!

Avocado adds a touch of creaminess to the smoothie, feeling very velvety and luxurious. Although a glass of the green smoothie might scare a few faint-hearted ones, I am not one of them. Even the hubby liked it despite taking it cautiously with some question marks all over the face.

Here is the combination I used:

- 1 ripe avocado
- mango and passion fruit yogurt
- plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime and pineapple jam
- soya milk
- water

Blend everything up. Adjust the thickness with water/soya milk and sweetness with jam (or honey).

ps. When hubby asked the content of my green smoothie, I simply said that it's a mixture of fruits and yogurt. Strictly, it's not deviating from the truth, right?

3 comments:

  1. I am making another one today. It's a good alternative of snack or even breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it's healthy! I also have avocado often too! maybe i should try this recipe instead of guacamole again tmr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought mine (avocados) thinking about making guacamole but ended up juicing them.. ha

    Try with some juice, if fruit flavored yogurt is hard to find.

    Good Monday.

    ReplyDelete